By C.J. Shane
Topics lined are:
• how neighborhood faculties healthy into the U.S. approach of upper education
• some great benefits of beginning your American schooling at a group college
• the stairs you need to battle through to check at an American neighborhood college
• key elements to think about whilst selecting an American neighborhood university similar to move agreements
• the method of utilizing to and gaining front right into a neighborhood college
• the method of making use of for a U.S. visa together with required varieties
• the kinds wanted whilst arriving within the U.S. and passing via U.S. customs
• deciding on periods at your group university and the way to sign in for these classes
• tips on how to get aid bettering your English-language skills
• fundamentals approximately residing in the USA, together with housing, transportation, and clinical care
• American tradition and the way to accommodate tradition shock
• profiles of 7 American group schools in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Massachusetts, Michigan, and Texas
• statement through overseas scholars presently learning at American neighborhood colleges
Includes word list of phrases and index.
Read or Download American Community Colleges: The International Student's Guide PDF
Best college & university education books
In instructing with Poverty in brain: What Being terrible Does to young ones' Brains and What faculties Can Do approximately It, veteran educator and mind specialist Eric Jensen takes an unflinching examine how poverty hurts young children, households, and groups around the usa and demonstrates how faculties can enhance the tutorial success and lifestyles readiness of economically deprived scholars.
The neighborhood collage is poised to give a contribution past its personal neighborhood to internationally. To do so—to strengthen the paintings for the betterment of scholars and communities—it needs to interact the world over whereas development ability. spotting the transforming into significance of teaching scholars in a globalized international, this quantity explores the neighborhood collage in a global context.
Graduate faculties have confronted attrition charges of roughly 50 percentage for the earlier forty years. they've got attempted to handle the matter through targeting scholar features and by means of assuming that in the event that they can make higher, extra expert admissions judgements, attrition premiums may drop. but excessive attrition charges persist and will in truth be expanding.
Need to know a mystery approximately lifestyles in university? Everyone—from the social butterfly in freshman orientation to the head pupil in Bio 101—feels a bit uncertain concerning the collage event. and that is thoroughly general! in reality, every body may perhaps use a bit support occasionally, in particular of their first yr.
- Educating Black Girls
- Democracy, Multiculturalism, and the Community College: A Critical Perspective (Critical Education Practice)
- Academics in Action!: A Model for Community-Engaged Research, Teaching, and Service
- Transforming Higher Education: Economy, Democracy, and the University
- The Victims' Revolution: The Rise of Identity Studies and the Closing of the Liberal Mind
- Applying to American Universities and Colleges for Parents and Students:Acing the App
Extra resources for American Community Colleges: The International Student's Guide
American Community Colleges: The International Student's Guide by C.J. Shane