By Craig S. Keener
In this quantity, the final of 4, Keener finishes his targeted exegesis of Acts, using an exceptional diversity of historic assets and providing a wealth of unpolluted insights. This magisterial observation could be a useful source for brand spanking new testomony professors and scholars, pastors, Acts students, and libraries. the full four-volume set is accessible at a different price.
Read Online or Download Acts: An Exegetical Commentary : Volume 4: 24:1-28:31 PDF
Best christian reference books
The publication of Revelation. The Apocalypse. phrases that frequently recall to mind strange creatures, unusual seals, dreadful plagues, and a slew of alternative mystifying symbols. such a lot people process this final ebook of the Bible with forebodings instead of desire. To us John’s imaginative and prescient turns out extra like a nightmare. however the aged apostle starts with a press release that doesn’t appear to healthy the remainder of the booklet: “The revelation of Jesus Christ.
Written in transparent, and now and then colourful, prose, Ben Witherington’s What’s within the notice explains how the popularity of the oral and socio-rhetorical personality of the recent testomony and its atmosphere necessitates a transformation in how the recent testomony literature is learn. increasing at the paintings within which he has been fruitfully engaged for over 1 / 4 century, Witherington demanding situations the formerly guaranteed result of historic feedback and demonstrates bankruptcy by way of bankruptcy how the socio-rhetorical examine shifts the paradigm.
Ahead of the Seventies, "biblical archaeology" was once the dominant examine paradigm for these excavating the background of Palestine. this day this version has been "weighed within the stability and located in need of. " such a lot now like to converse of "Syro/Palestinian archaeology. " this isn't only a nominal shift yet displays a huge theoretical and methodological switch.
Remark at the ebook of Yehudah. it is a remark at the e-book in most cases referred to as Jude and is a brief background a apostasy. Deluxe complete colour graphics.
- The Book of Genesis (The Bible in Medieval Tradition (BMT))
- The Concise Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament
- Creating a Scene in Corinth: A Simulation
- The Call of Moses and the Exodus Story: A Redactional-Critical Study in Exodus 3-4 and 5-13 (Forschungen zum Alten Testament. 2. Reihe)
- John 12-21 MacArthur New Testament Commentary (MacArthur New Testament Commentary Series)
- Faith, hope and love & The gifts of grace: 1Co_13:13 and now there doth remain faith, hope, love--these three; and the greatest of these is love. (The Passage God Put In My Heart Book 12)
Additional resources for Acts: An Exegetical Commentary : Volume 4: 24:1-28:31
Acts: An Exegetical Commentary : Volume 4: 24:1-28:31 by Craig S. Keener