By Betine van Zyl Smit
- Represents the 1st quantity to provide an entire evaluation of the reception of historic drama from antiquity to the present
- Covers the interpretation, transmission, functionality, construction, and version of Greek tragedy from the time the performs have been first created in old Athens during the twenty first century
- Features overviews of the historical past of the reception of Greek drama in so much nations of the world
- Includes chapters protecting the reception of Greek drama in smooth opera and film
Read or Download A Handbook to the Reception of Greek Drama (HCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
The current anthology entitled Mahesh Dattani: issues thoughts and concerns is an collection of scholarly study papers on clean views and explorations from the texts of Dattani. Mahesh Dattani is a popular identify within the background of latest Indian English drama. He observes complicacies of human lifestyles with optimism and offers strength to his audiences/readers with anticipated answer rather than leaving them harassed and bewildered.
This ebook explores portrayals of Anne Frank in American literature, the place she is usually invoked, if problematically, as a way of encouraging readers to imagine broadly approximately persecution, genocide, and victimisation; usually relating to gender, ethnicity, and race. It indicates how literary representations of Anne Frank in the United States during the last 50 years mirror the continuing dominance of the yankee dramatic diversifications of Frank’s Diary within the Nineteen Fifties, and argues that authors suppose forced to interact with the difficult components of those variations and their iconic energy.
As well as celebrating the highbrow culture of a prior new release of Singaporean Malay thinkers, social and cultural activists, this sequence presents specified insights and views into the lived-experience and collective thoughts of the Malay neighborhood in Singapore. this can be the English translation of Isa Kamari's Potret Puisi Melayu Singapura, which gains the works of forty four Singapore Malay poets, from the post-independence period to the current, and indicates how the ancient context, neighborhood and the uniqueness of the poet have given poetry written by way of Singaporean Malay writers its personal certain identification.
The 1st monograph to enquire the poetics and politics of haunting in African diaspora literature, Ghosts of the African Diaspora: Re-Visioning heritage, reminiscence, and id examines literary works by way of 5 modern writers—Fred D’Aguiar, Gloria Naylor, Paule Marshall, Michelle Cliff, and Toni Morrison.
- The Indian Graphic Novel: Nation, history and critique
- Supernatural Sinophone Taiwan and Beyond
- Critical Theories: Indian and Western
- Women and Literary Celebrity in the Nineteenth Century: The Transatlantic Production of Fame and Gender (Ashgate Series in Nineteenth-Century Transatlantic Studies)
Additional resources for A Handbook to the Reception of Greek Drama (HCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception)
A Handbook to the Reception of Greek Drama (HCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception) by Betine van Zyl Smit