By J. Ellsworth Kalas
- the final word First girl (Eve)
- a lady Who Married hassle (Cain's Wife)
- The Compleat girl (Sarah)
- A mom Who performed Favorites (Rebecca
- they could were Twins -- yet no longer exact (Leah & Rachel)
- the unique enormous Sister (Miriam)
- God observed past Her occupation (Rahab)
- Israel's First woman top Minister (Deborah)
- the right In-Laws (Ruth & Naomi)
- the women refrain (The girls of Bethlehem: Ruth four: 13-17)
- Counslor to the Clergy (Huldah)
- Married to a Husband's profession (Wives of previous testomony Prophets)
A dialogue consultant is included.
Read or Download A Faith of Her Own: Women of the Old Testament PDF
Best christian reference books
The ebook of Revelation. The Apocalypse. phrases that regularly recall to mind extraordinary creatures, unusual seals, dreadful plagues, and a slew of different mystifying symbols. so much folks strategy this final ebook of the Bible with forebodings instead of wish. To us John’s imaginative and prescient turns out extra like a nightmare. however the aged apostle starts off with a press release that doesn’t appear to healthy the remainder of the e-book: “The revelation of Jesus Christ.
Written in transparent, and from time to time colourful, prose, Ben Witherington’s What’s within the be aware explains how the popularity of the oral and socio-rhetorical personality of the hot testomony and its atmosphere necessitates a metamorphosis in how the recent testomony literature is learn. increasing at the paintings during which he has been fruitfully engaged for over 1 / 4 century, Witherington demanding situations the formerly guaranteed result of ancient feedback and demonstrates bankruptcy through bankruptcy how the socio-rhetorical examine shifts the paradigm.
Prior to the Seventies, "biblical archaeology" was once the dominant learn paradigm for these excavating the background of Palestine. this day this version has been "weighed within the stability and located short of. " so much now wish to converse of "Syro/Palestinian archaeology. " this isn't only a nominal shift yet displays a huge theoretical and methodological switch.
Observation at the e-book of Yehudah. it is a remark at the booklet ordinarily referred to as Jude and is a quick background a apostasy. Deluxe complete colour graphics.
- The Spirit and Christ in the New Testament and Christian Theology: Essays in Honor of Max Turner
- Churches in the Crosshairs
- The Poetics of Biblical Narrative: Ideological Literature and the Drama of Reading (Indiana Studies in Biblical Literature)
- The Indelible Image: The Theological and Ethical Thought World of the New Testament: The Individual Witnesses: 1 (New Testament Theology and Ethics)
- Banned Questions About Christians
- The Voice of Jesus in the Social Rhetoric of James (Society for New Testament Studies Monograph Series)
Extra resources for A Faith of Her Own: Women of the Old Testament
A Faith of Her Own: Women of the Old Testament by J. Ellsworth Kalas