By Laura K. McClure
- The such a lot modern scholarship on Euripides and his oeuvre, that includes the most recent texts and commentaries
- Leading students within the box talk about all of Euripides’ performs and their afterlife with breadth and depth
- A committed part makes a speciality of the reception of Euripidean drama because the Hellenistic
- Original and provocative interpretations of Euripides and his performs forge vital paths of in destiny scholarship
Read or Download A Companion to Euripides (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory_1 books
The current anthology entitled Mahesh Dattani: topics options and matters is an collection of scholarly study papers on clean views and explorations from the texts of Dattani. Mahesh Dattani is a well known identify within the background of latest Indian English drama. He observes complicacies of human existence with optimism and provides strength to his audiences/readers with anticipated resolution rather than leaving them harassed and bewildered.
This e-book explores portrayals of Anne Frank in American literature, the place she is frequently invoked, if problematically, as a way of encouraging readers to imagine commonly approximately persecution, genocide, and victimisation; usually in terms of gender, ethnicity, and race. It exhibits how literary representations of Anne Frank in the USA during the last 50 years mirror the ongoing dominance of the yank dramatic variations of Frank’s Diary within the Nineteen Fifties, and argues that authors suppose pressured to have interaction with the troublesome parts of those diversifications and their iconic energy.
As well as celebrating the highbrow culture of a previous new release of Singaporean Malay thinkers, social and cultural activists, this sequence offers exact insights and views into the lived-experience and collective thoughts of the Malay neighborhood in Singapore. this can be the English translation of Isa Kamari's Potret Puisi Melayu Singapura, which beneficial properties the works of forty four Singapore Malay poets, from the post-independence period to the current, and indicates how the old context, neighborhood and the distinctiveness of the poet have given poetry written by way of Singaporean Malay writers its personal unique id.
The 1st monograph to enquire the poetics and politics of haunting in African diaspora literature, Ghosts of the African Diaspora: Re-Visioning background, reminiscence, and id examines literary works by way of 5 modern writers—Fred D’Aguiar, Gloria Naylor, Paule Marshall, Michelle Cliff, and Toni Morrison.
- Female Pakistani Fiction. A Critical Approach
- Landscape, Seascape, and the Eco-Spatial Imagination (Routledge Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Literature)
- On Culture and Literature
- The Seduction of Fiction: A Plea for Putting Emotions Back into Literary Interpretation (Palgrave Studies in Affect Theory and Literary Criticism)
- Nature and Language: A Semiotic Study of Cucurbits in Literature: Volume 17 (Routledge Library Editions: Literary Theory)
- Oxford Literature Companions (AS/A Level): A Streetcar Named Desire Kindle edition
Extra resources for A Companion to Euripides (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Euripides (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Laura K. McClure